Friday, 24 January 2014

Props : Making the Poster

Firstly, I developed my photoshop skills to suit the nature of the poster. I had to use a variety of skills to accurately portray the meaning behind the poster. Since the poster was retro by nature, I had to work with gradients and hue/saturation levels. By modifying these I could get the right blending options so the pictures would work with the stock background:


Next I had to get the pictures I'd taken and cut them down to an outline to make it neater and not have an uneeded background with he image. Plus it looks unprofessional. I used these pictures at first:



But changed it so both fighters were facing forwards:


After I had got all the pictures cut out and positioned, I had to desaturate and change the layering options, I had to add all the miscellaneous information, as was common for posters back then. I made up a date and venue along with a ticket price. All the red and black boxes severed as filler/background so the poster wouldn't look so empty.


No comments:

Post a Comment