This is one of the main props that we are going to use in our film. I used Photoshop to make the picture with pictures I took previously. I used various techniques to cut the pictures I took together with the stock texture that I downloaded from a royalty-free stock site. I made up some boxer names on the spot. 'The Tank' represents an immovable object, making it a fitting name for a champion. 'The Star' represents a rising star, meaning he is slowly rising through the ranks in the boxing world to face off against the champion.
The information is fake, including the radio station presenting the fight and the boxing arena it is set in. The 'Proceeds to Charity' bit gives the fight an official air, but compared with the rest of the film it provides a stark contrast as the film goes on to a more dark and gritty plot.
I wanted to give the poster a retro feel as it would give some background to how long boxing has gone on for and they are bringing it back to it's roots since it is the 25th championship, so I wanted the poster to look like it was made 25 years ago.

No comments:
Post a Comment