Friday, 6 December 2013

Film: Music Ideas

For the music, we need multiple pieces to encompass the range of themes that appear in the film. For the more domestic scenes, we need something quiet or soft. The pace can't be too fast, since that would indicate that the scene is faster than it is supposed to be. Lyrics aren't needed, since there could be some confusion between the song's message and the film's message. Something like the first two minutes of this would be most suitable:


For the work out scene's. We need something more uplifting and catchy. Again, it doesn't need to have lyrics as most of the audiences attention will be drawn to the actual film rather than the music (the music still contributes to the feeling). In a perfect world the music would still have some seriousness to it to show that this is a big deal. I was thinking of fading out the music along with the scene and switching to the next. This will give the audience the sense that the previous scene continued for a longer time than showed. If I wanted to drop the serious aspect of the music, something like this would be good:


For the night scenes, I need something to show a more sinister nature to the film, Quite a slow pace but with a slightly deeper pitch. Human vocals but not any lyrics would suit it perfectly. I was thinking of ending the climax with a shrill ring that cuts out along with the video. Again I can't find anything at the moment on Youtube but one of the royalty free music sites might have something.

No comments:

Post a Comment