Who would be the audience for your media product?
The product was designed for young adults due to the aspects
of popular dramas in the youth culture. It has the right amount of tension,
action and mystery to captivate an audience of teenagers aged, 13-17+. I wanted
to target this audience because I feel that they will be able to relate to it
most. I don’t like to point out the obvious, but violence and rebellion is
almost certainly part of our culture and I decided to build off of that.
However, I also incorporated the idea of a hero going against the odds and succeeding.
I hoped that would inspire others and put across a positive message, which
would lend itself to my production in a good way. I also felt that this
audience would probably be the most connected, in terms of communication
through social media, allowing for easier promotion. My film would probably
have an age rating, as it does incorporate some violence and other mature
themes. If I were to give it a rating, it would probably be rated 15 (by BBFC
standards) but I don’t think that would convince anyone younger not to see the
film. As I said previously rebellion is part of my target audiences culture, so
why shouldn't the case for seeing a film when they aren't necessarily old
enough to be able to see it legally.
No comments:
Post a Comment